2020年11月1日星期日

My email dated May 9, 2016 to give informed consent to Special Rapporteur

 -----Original Message-----

From: Yan Jun
Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 1:00 AM
To: Jennifer Jokstad
Subject: Informed consent

 

Dear Jennifer,

 

Thank you very much for your attention to my case.

 

After serious considerations, I do request the UN Special Rapporteurs to take up my case and send an allegation letter to the Singapore government for their official response.

 

It is my honor to give the UN Special Rapporteurs my consent to deal with the violations of human rights set out in my petitions.

 

Thank you.

 

Regards,

 

Yan Jun

 

 

________________________________________

From: Jennifer Jokstad <jokstad@un.org>

Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2016 2:31 PM

To: medp1128@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Torture in IMH

 

Dear Yan,

 

I think that you have a very strong case. If you wish, I can follow up with my colleagues in Geneva working with the UN Special Rapporteurs on Freedom of Expression and on Torture (and other relevant mandates) regarding sending an allegation letter to the government of Singapore on your case.

However, for the UN Special Rapporteurs to take up your case, they would need your informed consent. The letter and the response from the government (if any) will be confidential for a while until they are published on the Special Procedures' communications report which is accessible on the following website:

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/SP/Pages/CommunicationsreportsSP.aspx

 

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this.

 

Best regards,

Jennifer

 

 

 

 

没有评论:

发表评论

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。