2016年6月2日星期四

Judicial Corruption: the third letter to PM Lee Hsien Loong (4 Dec, 2015)

Response letter: Government integrity and the inquiry into judicial corruption

From: Yan Jun [mailto:medp1128@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2015 13:53
To: Lee Hsien Loong (PM); agc@agc.gov.sg
Cc: AGC CIVIL (AGC); Connie CHAN (PS to the MP); Hui Agnes YAO (PA to Attorney-General); Jessie TEO (PA to Chief Justice); K Shanmugam (Minister for Law); SUPCOURT Registry (SUPCOURT); Alejandro Ponce (The World Justice Project); José Ugaz Sánchez (President of the Transparency International); Liao Ran (Transparency International); Sofie Arjon Schütte (U4 Anti-corruption resource centre); Srirak Plipat (Transparency International); The World Justice Project; Amnesty International (UK); David Dadge (United Nations Office on Drug and Crime); Global Witness; Human Rights First ; Mickey Spiegel (Human Right Watch); Nicholas Bequelin (Amnesty International); Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (South East Asia); Phil Robertson (Human Right Watch); The International Service for Human Rights; Yuri Fedotov (United Nations Office on Drug and Crime); David W Rivkin (International Bar Association); Dott. MARCO FABRI (Research Institute on Judicial Systems) ; Elizabeth Andersen (American Bar of Association); Gail Davidson (Lawyers Rights Watch Canada); International Association of Judges; International Bar Association's Human Rights Institute; International Commission of Jurists; International Network to Promote the Rule of Law; Mark Ellis (International Bar Association); Talia Dove (International Bar Association); Australia High Court; Federal Court of Malaysia; Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal; Supreme Court of Canada; Supreme Court of India; Supreme Court of New Zealand; Supreme Court of South Africa; The Caribbean Court of Justice; The Privy Council; Lian He Wan Bao; Lian He Zao Bao; Shin Min Daily; The Straits Times; Apple Daily; Asia times; Evgeny Solovyev (ITAR-TASS); Jon Fasman (Economists) ; Keith Bradsher (New York Times); Linus Chua (Bloomberg); Nguyen Viet Hai (Vietnam News Agency); Patrick McDowell (The Wall Street Journal); Reporters Without Borders (RWB); Rico Hizon (BBC); Roberto Coloma (Agence France-Presse); Seah Chiang Nee (The Star); Takuma Yoshioka (NHK); Vijay Joshi (Associated Press); Reform Party; Singapore Democratic Party; Singapore People's Party; Workers' Party; Brunei Embassy; Cambodia Embassy; Indonesia Embassy; Laos Embassy; Malaysia Embassy; Myanmar Embassy; Philippines Embassy; Thailand Embassy; Vietnam Embassy; Australia Embassy; Canada Embassy; Italy Embassy; Japan Embassy; UK Embassy; US Embassy
Subject: Response letter: Government integrity and the inquiry into judicial corruption

Dear Prime Minister Mr. Lee Hsien Loong,

I refer to my emails sent to the PM on 3 November and 25 November 2015.

In these emails, I reported the Supreme Court’s bias in favor of the Government and suggested that an inquiry into judicial corruption should be carried out. I thank the PM and various organizations for their attentions to my reports.

The Attorney General’s Chambers’ (AGC’s) position
On 30 November 2015, the Chief Prosecutor of the AGC sent me an email (see attached file) explaining the dismissal of the suit. The AGC has treated my reports as spurious and has warned me against making such allegations. In addition, “contempt proceedings can be brought against you”.

My position
With respect, I do not accept the AGC’s explanation and its warning. The explanation is wrong in that it has denied the rule that a lower court must follow the decision made by the highest court. (see attached file). I repeat my position in my earlier emails.

An unusual case
In 2009, I called police for assistance but at the scene, two police officers refused to take my report but arrested me for breaching a court order that was later discovered to have expired. In 2012, the AGC stated that they were satisfied with the lawfulness of the arrest.

In the suit against the police, the Supreme Court already ruled that the arrest was unlawful. Instead of awarding me damages, the Supreme Court ordered me to pay to the police. When I criticizes the Supreme Court for having bias in favor of the Government, the Chief Prosecutor warns me of “contempt of court” so I could be thrown into jail in the near future.

My requests
This case is very unusual so it must be exposed to the general public. In the interest of justice, I am looking forward to arguing with the Chief Prosecutor about the bias on the part of the Supreme Court before the general public.

Since this case has casted doubts on the judicial integrity of the Supreme Court, I think an external authority is required to get involved into this matter.

Thank you.

Regards,

Yan Jun
(NRIC: S76843761I)


没有评论:

发表评论

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。