2022年6月10日星期五

Email dated Apr 6, 2011 from Prof. HEW Choy Leong about Prof. Soong Tuck Wah's comments

 Attachement: RE:Recommendations

From: Hew Choy Leong (Biological Sciences)
Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:29 AM
To:
Yan Jun
Subject: RE: Recommendations

 

Yes, I have received the feedback from Tom, but still waiting for Tak  wah’s comment before I proceed

Regards

CL

 

From: Yan Jun [mailto:medp1128@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 10:08 AM
To: Hew Choy Leong (Biological Sciences)
Subject: Recommendations

 

Dear Prof. Hew,

 

Thank you for talking to me last Thursday about a RA opening. The next day I sent emails to Prof. Soong and Prof. Leung (please see below) asking for recommendations. If you are interested in why I left previous lab, Prof. Soong can make some comments.

 

I have gained some work experience and come to realize that doing research is indeed a job. The training in research is carried out through an apprenticeship so trainees are expected to respect the hierarchy in this field. I think this is actually a rule of work since it is applicable to many other jobs as well.

 

However, I must say that I am still quiet inexperienced and appreciate an excellent opportunity to work in a small group for a senior PI.

 

Thank you for your attention.

 

Regards,

 

Yan Jun

 

***************************

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Yan Jun <medp1128@gmail.com> wrote:

 

Dear Tom,

I wonder if you can write a recommendation letter to support my application for an immediate RA position with Prof. Hew’s lab in DBS. Prof. Hew’s email address is dbshewcl@nus.edu.sg 

Prof. Hew Choy Leong  has talked to me and thinks I am technically qualified for this job. However, he needs letters of recommendation. He also reminded me to think twice since he is already an emeritus professor so this job won't t last long. He asked about my career goal and my answer is do research for a living in the future. Actually the best solution to me is to do PhD part time but this opportunity is just not available.

I appreciate Prof. Hew’s concern but I need a job now. As for the future, there will always be jobs available as long as I hold on to research and stay in a lab in a university/institute.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Yan Jun

 

没有评论:

发表评论

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。