2022年6月11日星期六

Email dated Mar 29, 2011 from Department of Biological Sciences about the interview


From: Yan Jun
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:08 PM
To:
Hew Choy Leong (Biological Sciences)
Cc:
Wu Jinlu
Subject: 9am, Thursday

 

Dear Prof. Hew,

 

Yes. I am available on Thursday so I will come to your office at 9am the day after tomorrow. Thank you.

 

Best regards,

 

Yan Jun

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Hew Choy Leong (Biological Sciences) <dbshewcl@nus.edu.sg> wrote:

can we have it on thursday 9 am instead?

CL

 

From: Wu Jinlu
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:01 AM
To: 'medp1128@gmail.com'
Cc: Hew Choy Leong (Biological Sciences)
Subject: RE: informal inquiry _Research assistant

Dear Yan Jun,

 

Thank you for your interests at the RA position. You have been shortlisted and invited to have an interview tomorrow morning from 9-10am.

Prof Hew’s office is located at Department of Biological Sciences, S3-Level 2.

 

Please email me for confirmation.

Best Regards,

Jinlu

 

From: Yan Jun [medp1128@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:28 AM
To: Hew Choy Leong (Biological Sciences)
Subject: informal inquiry _Research assistant

Dear Prof. Hew:      

I would like to express my interest in your projects on Large DNA Viruses. My background is in molecular biology, especially on membrane-to-nuclear signaling transduction. I am able to work immediately if admitted.

After the completion of MSc. in NUS, I joined IMCB-Glaxo and work under Dr. Thomas Leung as a RA  to work on cytoskelton. The training I received in Glaxo lab has made me command most of routine research skills for a research lab. The 3 years (2006-2009) work in gene expression lab on histone transcription in Biopolis strengthened particularly my skills in molecular biology. Now I am able to perform independently routine experiments in molecular and cell biology. Please see my CV for details.

I have read methods part of two of the publications (Chen LM et al., J Gen Virol, 2008; Wang F et al., J Gen Virol, 2008). I have no problems with techniques such as PCR, Western blotting, flow cytometry, transfection and the use of microscopes. However, I haven’t worked with virus before but, fortunately, I am keen to learn. 

Besides research background, people skills are equally important for team work. I have come to learn more of people skills while working in both IMCB and NUS.  Prof. Soong Tuck Wah from Dept. Physiology would be happy to give a few words on my people skills and academic performance as well.

I am wondering if I can send reference letters later after the informal meeting.  The contact information of referee is listed below.

Thank you very much for your attention and patience to read this letter. 

 

Regards,

Yan Jun

 

References:

 

Soong Tuck Wah, PhD

Principal Investigator, HOD,

Ion Channel and Transporter Laboratory,

Department of Physiology,

Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine,

MD9, Level 3, 2 Medical Drive,

Singapore 117597.

Tel: 65161938/ 65-65163222 (Office); 6516 8166 (Lab)

E-mail: phsstw@nus.edu.sg

 

Thomas Leung, PhD

Principal Investigator,

sGSK Laboratory,

Astar Neuroscience Research Partnership,

Rm 4-16 to 4-18, Proteos,

61 Biopolis Drive,

SINGAPORE 138673.

Tel: 65869556

E-mail: Thomas.Leung@nrp.a-star.edu.sg

 

没有评论:

发表评论

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。