2022年6月10日星期五

My email dated Apr 1, 2011 to Prof Soon Tuck Wah for recommendation

 Attachment: Recommendation letter 

 

From: Yan Jun
Sent: Friday, April 1, 2011 10:06 AM
To:
phsstw@nus.edu.sg
Subject: Recommendation letter

 

Dear Prof. Soong,

I wonder if you can write a recommendation letter to support my application for an immediate RA position with Prof. Hew’s lab in DBS. His email address is dbshewcl@nus.edu.sg .

Prof. Hew Choy Leong talked to me yesterday and thought I am technically qualified for this job. I told Prof. Hew that I resigned in January; he doesn’t seem to care too much about it as long as I have your recommendation.

Prof. Hew also reminded me to think twice since he is already an emeritus professor so this job won't last long. He asked about my career goal and my answer is do research for a living in the future. Actually the best solution to me is to do PhD part time but this opportunity is just not available.

I appreciate Prof. Hew’s concern but I need a job now. As for the future, there will always be jobs available as long as I hold on to research and stay in a lab in a university/institute.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Yan Jun

没有评论:

发表评论

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。